A Seattle Cancer Care Alliance ARNP/PA-C is a certified physician assistant or advanced registered nurse practitioner who provides evaluation and medical management of Breast Oncology patients at the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance. They follow patients during their chemotherapy and provide medical supportive care, as well as surveillance after completion of treatment. This position also provides opportunities for autonomous practice within the Women’s Wellness Follow-up Clinic The ARNP/PA-C assesses and manages basic health needs of patients, addresses treatment toxicities, performs procedures, monitors for cancer progression or recurrence, and consults with professional peers as needed. They work collaboratively with the treatment team to coordinate care of their patients. All clinical responsibilities are performed within the scope of practice, institutional privileges and under the supervision of an attending physician.
- Performs complex and problem-focused H & P’s
- Evaluates and manages on-treatment and post-treatment side effects, as well as long-term surveillance and survivorship issues.
- Performs procedures according to licensure, credentialing, and scope of practice
- Collaborates and consults with other disciplines and services to ensure safe, effective, and timely treatment as well as continuity of patient care.
- Participates in the conduct of cancer clinical research
- Provides patient, caregiver, and peer education
- Communicates effectively with inpatient and outpatient teams
- Participates in patient rounds, conferences and committees
- Active member of the SCCA Rapid Response/Code Team
- One year of ARNP or PA-C experience in Medical Oncology required. Experience in Breast Oncology and/or Women’s Health preferred.
- Strong team player with a can-do attitude is a must!
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team is essential.
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner program required.
- Washington state & DEA licensure required.
- ACLS required
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- EMR experience required; prefer experience with CPOE