EXCEPTIONAL CANCER CARE, EXCEPTIONAL NURSES
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, in Seattle, Washington, is part of a dynamic collaboration among three organizations known nationally and internationally for their patient care and research: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington, and Seattle Children's. These three organizations have worked together to support their mission of world class adult and pediatric oncology patient care services, research and education. Please join us and be part of making a difference in the lives of our patients, families, and community!
At Seattle Cancer Care Alliance every patient, every life matters. Our dedicated nurses are a driving force making SCCA a global leader in the prevention, treatment, and cure of cancer. Our nurses rank among leading experts in oncology. Our nurses provide exceptional patient and family-centered care as they coordinate and assist in individualized treatment. They integrate care with support for the research and development of innovative therapies. Embarking with each patient on a journey through cancer treatment and survival, our compassionate nurses walk hand-in-hand with courage and hope with each individual to ensure the best possible patient outcome.
Our nurses are vital to the journey of cancer care. We invite you to explore our career opportunities and apply online for more information.
Provide longitudinal comprehensive nursing care to Thoracic, Head & Neck and Pain Clinic patients. Primary nursing responsibility for the coordination of the care and monitoring the status of a specific population of patients. Holding responsibility for the education of patients and family. Acting as primary point of contact for patients, working collaboratively with their physicians.
Communication and Teamwork
HIPPA – Patient Privacy
Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of patient privacy rights. Maintains confidentiality of all medical, financial, or other sensitive materials and information in printed, electronic or verbal form, which may jeopardize the privacy of patients. Accesses and uses the minimum necessary patient identifiable information to perform job responsibilities and duties and only for authorized purposes.
HIPPA – Employee Privacy
Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of, and maintains confidentiality of employee information and SCCA strategic plans and initiatives, financial information or other sensitive materials and information in printed, electronic or verbal form, which may jeopardize employee rights or organization’s operations. Accesses and uses the minimum necessary employee and organization information to perform job responsibilities and duties and only for authorized purposes.
• Current Washington State Nursing License
• Current BLS AHA Health Provider card required
• Two years of nursing experience required
• Past experience in a clincal setting preferred
• Past experience in oncology preferred
• OCN certification preferred
• Bachelors of Science, Nursing preferred
• Ability to work under pressure related to work/time deadlines
• Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with a variety of patients and other staff
• Ability to be flexible
• Competent in telephone triage, assessment and communication
• Competent in basic computer skills
Benefits at a Glance
• Comprehensive medical and vision insurance plans; dental insurance plan which includes 90% of the dentists in Washington State; subsidized health insurance for families and domestic partners
• Employer-paid life and disability insurance; voluntary group long-term care insurance; employee assistance and wellness programs
• Flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care (daycare) expenses
• 403(b) retirement savings plans including 7% employer paid contributions after one year and 1,000 hours of service (no employee contribution is required!)
• 12 paid vacation days accrued during the first year of employment; an additional day per year is added to the accrual rate until the maximum accrual of 22 days per year is reached (pro-rated for part-time employees)
• 12 paid holidays per year
• Accrue 8 sick hours per month after one month employment during first year of employment (until the end of your first calendar year); accrue 12 sick hours per month for second and third calendar years; accrue 14.66 sick hours per month each calendar year thereafter (pro-rated for part-time employees)
• Funding support for continuing education, conferences, specialty certification, and nursing scholarship
• Organizational support for nursing research, including leadership participation, in professional nursing organizations.
• Ongoing professional development opportunities such as Medical Grand Rounds, scientific presentations, and visiting scholar lectures
• Nursing Grand Rounds offered quarterly, featuring national leaders in nursing
• Subsidized annual transportation pass for use on Metro, Community Transit, Pierce Transit, Sound Transit and Metro vanpools; reduced parking costs for vanpools and carpools
• Local merchant discounts including health clubs, retail, and service providers
• On-site childcare through Hutch Kids
• Hometown Home Loan Program through HomeStreet Bank
• Facility amenities including bike racks, shower rooms, on-site coffee bar, and cafeteria
• Paid relocation may be available for certain positions
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor