EXCEPTIONAL CANCER CARE, EXCEPTIONAL NURSES
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, in Seattle, Washington, is part of a dynamic collaboration among three organizations known nationally and internationally for their patient care and research: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington, and Seattle Children's. These three organizations have worked together to support their mission of world class adult and pediatric oncology patient care services, research and education. Please join us and be part of making a difference in the lives of our patients, families, and community!
At Seattle Cancer Care Alliance every patient, every life matters. Our dedicated nurses are a driving force making SCCA a global leader in the prevention, treatment, and cure of cancer. Our nurses rank among leading experts in oncology. Our nurses provide exceptional patient and family-centered care as they coordinate and assist in individualized treatment. They integrate care with support for the research and development of innovative therapies. Embarking with each patient on a journey through cancer treatment and survival, our compassionate nurses walk hand-in-hand with courage and hope with each individual to ensure the best possible patient outcome.
Our nurses are vital to the journey of cancer care. We invite you to explore our career opportunities and apply online for more information.
• Assesses physical, emotional, social, and spiritual needs and evaluates patients’ adaptation to health changes
• Develops a plan of care based on patients’ disease, symptoms, and response to treatment
• Request records/labs for patients from outside laboratories/hospitals
• Management of prescription refills, prior authorizations, and home health
• Monitors patient responses to therapies, including lab values and symptom assessment, in collaboration with the medical and pharmacy staff
• Administer vaccinations and/or removal of PICC lines, as appropriate.
• Educates patients, families, and caregivers on disease processes, treatment, side effects and symptom management
• Serve as primary point-of-contact for Team Coordinators and referring teams/services. Coordinates with inter-disciplinary team to ensure continuity of care.
• Implements, evaluates and modifies plan of care
• Integrates research and evidence based knowledge into clinical practice