- Provides radiation therapy to patients utilizing a variety of radiation therapy equipment. Delivers a planned course of radiation therapy
- Evaluates the daily condition of patients undergoing treatment and recognizes the need for emotional and psychological support to patients
- Refer patients to departmental staff and other health care professionals
- Reinforce radiation oncologists’ recommendations regarding general activities, diet, prevention and treatment of reactions to radiation therapy
- Maintain detailed and accurate daily records of technical, legal and statistical components of treatment
- Assist radiation oncologists in patient positioning, radiation treatment field localization and simulation procedures using CT scanners, simulator, computers and other equipment
- Check patient prescription and treatment records for errors
- Perform daily quality assurance tests on radiation therapy equipment
- Instructs radiation therapy students and/or new staff accordingly to clinical and department requirements; assists in the orientation of department and hospital personnel with emphasis on radiation safety
- Bachelors or Associates Degree in Radiation Therapy
- Registry eligible and registered within 1 year of employment in Radiation Therapy and Technology by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
- Washington State License
- Ability to communicate verbally in person, on the phone and in writing in a clear, concise and professional manner.
- Ability to work independently, organize and prioritize concurrent responsibilities and demands
- Ability to assess patients’ conditions and request assistance when necessary
- Ability to assist in the movement of patient to and from wheelchairs, carts and radiographic tables
- Proficient in email and word processing systems
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at email@example.com or by calling 206-667-4700.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed