The Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA), located in Seattle, Washington, is part of a dynamic collaboration among three organizations known nationally and internationally for their patient care and research: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington, and Seattle Children's. Over the past 25 years, these institutions have worked together to support their mission of adult and pediatric oncology patient care services, research and education.
The Phlebotomist / Specimen Processing Tech I is responsible for the evening coverage and closure of the Transfusion Support Services department within the Alliance Lab. The incumbent will promote and maintain effective and professional communication with patients, clients, co-workers and SCCA colleagues, and works efficiently to minimize patient wait times.
This position may include Patient Service Representative duties.
• Transfusion Support Services: order, receive and properly store blood components for transfusion. Distribute blood products per provider orders and document appropriately
• Processes specimens including centrifugation, aliquoting and dispensing specimens to proper lab processing and sendout areas
• Performs specimen processing of blood specimens, performs venipuncture phlebotomy on patients, donors, research participants and employees when required
• Participates in Quality Improvement/Quality Assurance programs
• Records variances of standard policies and procedures in Patient Safety Net accurately when required.
• May include Patient Service Representative duties