The Team Coordinator performs the coordination of all oncology-related patient scheduling, including all outside consultant referrals, appointments, test ordering, and hospital admissions for the General Oncology and Hematology Clinics. The Team Coordinator is a member of the physician practice care service team and acts as a professional liaison for patients, families and other providers as well as other SCCA departments. This person performs responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner. The Team Coordinator takes initiative in scheduling patients in a fashion that both satisfies patient need and includes proper utilization of SCCA resources.
The Team Coordinator communicates among all constituents effectively, consistently and promptly. This individual works with considerable independence and is expected to be pro-active, use strategic thinking and sound judgment to accomplish their duties. He or she must keep abreast of changes to procedures and regulations related to patient care and maintain familiarity with all other SCCA departments and their functions in order to efficiently carry out their duties.
- Schedules all patient appointments related to treatment within the SCCA as well as outside UW consults and referrals.
- Coordinates patient schedule with patient and available SCCA resources, such as provider availability, Radiology Department schedules, and other SCCA departments.
- Communicates to all team members and patients via telephone, printed itineraries and email in an effective and timely manner current schedules for patient treatment as well as any changes to treatment plan. Notifies all appropriate departments and outside consultants of any changes. Plays important role in updating team on patient care issues.
- Works closely with patient, families, visitors, providers and staff to identify needs, answer questions, resolve problems, provide information and follow up. Acts as a patient advocate.
- Documents information on all communications in a complete and accurate manner.
- Attends team conferences in order to assist team in planning and coordinating treatment plans.
- Collaborates with medical team to ensure that correct orders and requisitions are filled out properly so that appointments can be scheduled efficiently.
- Serves as team liaison and promotes communication with team members when appropriate in order to facilitate excellent patient care.
- Keeps accurate records and charts for follow up of related appointments, referrals and consults.
- Maintains strict confidentiality regarding all patient information.
- Maintains excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with patients, providers, and SCCA co-workers. Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
- Supports goals and objectives of Clinic by participation as a team member in projects and/or work assignments. Works well with other SCCA staff across departmental lines.
- Attends regularly scheduled staff meetings on a regular basis.
- Follows departmental, clinic and SCCA policies and procedures to contribute to the efficiency of the clinic.
- Satisfies all requirements for regulatory agencies – federal, state and local. Complies with all JCHAO guidelines.
- Maintains professional acumen in all facets of position; expands job-related knowledge and skills to improve performance