The Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, located in Seattle, Washington, is part of a dynamic collaboration among three organizations known nationally and internationally for their patient care and research: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington, and Seattle Children's. Over the past 25 years, these institutions have worked together to support their mission of adult and pediatric oncology patient care services, research and education.
Under the direction of Manager of Clinical Information Systems, the Clinical Applications Analyst is responsible for the implementation and support of clinical systems at the SCCA, primarily the Cerner EMR, locally named ORCA.
· Experience collecting user requirements, translating to system feature enhancements, and requesting enhancements of a system administrator
· Demonstrated experience in training clinical end-users of various levels of technical savvy
· Demonstrated experience working with teams in the development and support of applications, and in implementing production systems in a healthcare organization
· Ability to evaluate user proficiency in application via direct observation
· Ability to work exceptionally well independently and as part of a team
· Excellent ability to communicate expectations clearly and succinctly, both in e-mail and orally.
· Good follow-up skills
· Ability to use initiative and sound judgment in carrying out responsibilities
· Ability to develop, maintain, and report on timelines for projects.
Preferred for this job:
· BA/BS degree preferred
· 3+ years of experience preferred
· Strong understanding of computer terminology and database design basics
· Strong understanding of software usability criteria and design
· Knowledge oncology patient care services
· Knowledge of patient care operations in out-patient or acute care and/or research setting.
· Knowledge of JCAHO, DOH, and other regulatory requirements
· Lean processes or CPI knowledge and exposure