The Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA), located in Seattle, Washington, is part of a dynamic collaboration among three organizations known nationally and internationally for their patient care and research: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington, and Seattle Children's. Over the past 25 years, these institutions have worked together to support their mission of adult and pediatric oncology patient care services, research and education. Join us and make a difference!
The Social Worker I -- Per Diem* is responsible for providing professional social work services (i.e., screening, motivational interviewing, brief interventions, counseling, resource identification and navigation) to adult patients and families. Collaborates with SCCA partner institutions to ensure continuity of care across systems. Uses clinical judgment and problem solving skills to address patient and family emotional/psychological, social and developmental issues. Facilitates referrals to internal and community resources. Assists and advocates for patients, with concrete needs. Strives to achieve the highest in patient (customer) satisfaction. Supports the mission of SCCA and its affiliates. Provides consultation to staff at SCCA, NWH, UWMC, and to community resources as needed.
*The Per Diem employee in this role could work anywhere between once per week to once per month depending on the needs of the department (covering vacation, sick-leave, and LOA's). The position would be ideal for a candidate that is less than a 1.0 FTE and/or is seeking p/t occasional work.
- Master’s degree in Social Work from an accredited graduate School of Social Work or equivalent clinical related degree field
- WA State Department of Health registration/certification/licensure
- Strong assessment and crisis intervention skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients/families from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Ability to work effectively with multidisciplinary teams
- Counseling individuals and families
- Minimum of 3 years of health care experience
- Experience working with oncology patients and family members/significant others
- Experience working with a multidisciplinary team
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy training
- Skills in screening for distress and mental health conditions, including substance use disorders
- Brief interventions training
- Motivational interviewing training
- Grief and loss training
Computer Skills Preferred:
-Outlook, Word, Excel
-Experience with an electronic medical record
Please include a cover letter when applying for this job that includes your specific interest in the Social Worker I position and working for SCCA (either as an additional attachment on your profile or merged into the file that contains your resume).
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.