This position is a working supervisor who acts as a resource and role model for the onsite support staff working at Reception, Film Room and Reporting positions.
Coordinates and directs the daily operations of SCCA Support staff;
· Ensures the timely check in of patients exams in accordance with the department policies;
· Ensures that the telephones are answered in a timely and courteous manner;
· Assists with front line reception, scheduling, film room and reporting activities when needed;
· Interacts with the medical and nursing staff to ensure exams are being processed correctly;
· Responsible for problem solving or escalation of issues;
· Supervises the staff, including orientation, training, and performance reviews;
· Ensures that billing information and coding are up-to-date in the Radiology Information System to obtain proper reimbursement;
· Maintains skills as a super user of the Radiology Information System and clinic scheduling systems (Epic/Orca);
· Competently operates all appropriate equipment in the department;
· Assures the comfort and safety of the patient at all times.
IV.A. Training, Education and Experience (Required)
· High school graduate or equivalent.
· Must have good customer relations skills.
· Must be able to communicate effectively in both written and oral form.
· Basic knowledge of medical terminology.
IV.B. Education and Experience (Preferred)
· Minimum of two years customer service and office experience
· Experience as a radiologic technologist helpful.
· Minimum of two years of supervisory or lead experience.
· Able to prioritize work assignments and adjust tasks as needed.
· Able to demonstrate flexibility in response to unexpected changes in work volumes or staffing needs (i.e., may include overtime, flexing, rotating shifts, weekends, holidays, and call).
· Able to work independently and as part of a team as the situation requires.
· Able to assess customers’ needs and request assistance when necessary.
· Understands the hazardous (i.e., radiation, chemicals from film processing, biohazardous waste, electromagnetic fields) working conditions.
· Able to assist in the movement of patient to and from wheelchairs, carts and radiographic tables.
· Possesses an understanding of the operation of all equipment and procedures in imaging and procedure suite.
· Has experience in developing educational opportunities for staff, such as cross-training.
· Has a working knowledge of data collection and analysis software to include the use of MS Office products;
IV.C. Other Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities Required To Perform The Job Duties
· Demonstrates behaviors that are consistent with the SCCA’s Mission and values that reflect excellent customer service.
· Possesses working knowledge of financial processes, including budget preparation and asset management.
· Works well with team members toward a common purpose; reinforces the efforts and goals of the work group; supports the team’s decisions regardless of individual viewpoint.
· Demonstrates flexibility in schedules and assignments in order to meet the needs of the department.
· Utilizes, maintains, and allocates equipment and supplies in a cost effective manner. Improves productivity through proper time management.
· Seeks feedback from customers and team members in order to identify and improve processes and outcomes.