- Performs a variety of tasks including but not limited to shipping, receiving, storing and issuing widely diversified or specialized supplies.
- Additional tasks include filling requisitions and otherwise servicing personnel at various storeroom locations.
- Performs manual and clerical duties related to shipping, receiving, inspecting, storing and delivery of a variety of materials, equipment and supplies.
- Carries out special assignments or projects in addition to performing other duties as assigned by the Warehouse Manager.
- The incumbent works with some independence and is expected to use judgment in carrying out duties within the framework of department policies and procedures.
- All work is subject to spot-checking for efficiency and compliance with instructions.
- Interact with physicians, nurses, ancillary departments, support personnel and patients in a professional and courteous manner.
- Monitor and review assigned inventory levels by physical count, record keeping and/or visual inspection. Document all inventory transactions as they occur. Enter inventory count data into the current tracking system. Gather supplies from the designated storeroom and replenish each inventory location as required.
- Fills orders from requisitions and issues materials, supplies and equipment on request. Keeps appropriate records, checks in returned items as well as counts and stocks supplies. Place orders in the current inventory replenishment program on a daily basis or as needed/required to maintain current inventory standards.
- Assist in keeping a perpetual inventory of stock as it is received and issued. Rearrange and replace items on shelves and assists in taking periodic inventories of stock including daily cycle counting. Checks for outdates in inventory areas and handles per current Storeroom Policy.
- Participate in routing, counting and inspecting items while loading and unloading trucks. Counts, weighs and/or measures incoming or outgoing items. Compares identifying information and variety against bills of lading, invoices or other records. Examines incoming shipments for damage, shortages, overages, expiration dates and corresponds with shipper to rectify. Completes all paperwork required for documentation and tracking.
- Operate carts and other material handling equipment to move stock or reorganize storage i.e. forklifts, pallet jacks, hand trucks and dollies.
- Covers various positions within material management during vacation, unplanned absences and other times as needed. Including but not limited to Forms department, Linen department, Infusion inventory route and Shipping and Receiving.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Materials Management Warehouse Manager including but not limited to special projects, clinic trials and maintaining departmental Policies and Procedures database.
- A High School Degree, GED, or equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is necessary
- Either one years of storeroom inventory control experience or one year of shipping/receiving/distribution experience with knowledge of computerized or automated systems.